Homemade Mac and Cheese
This is a nice rich mac and cheese. Serve with a salad for a great meatless dinner. Hope you enjoy it.
- Prep Time 0 Hours 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 0 Hours 30 Minutes
- Total Time 0 Hours 50 Minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.
- Calories: 858.2 calories
- Carbohydrate Content: 66.7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 141.6 mg
- Fat Content: 48.7 g
- Fiber Content: 3.4 g
- Protein Content: 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 29.9 g
- Serving Size:
- Sodium Content: 879.3 mg
- Sugar Content: 10.7 g
- Trans Fat Content:
- Unsaturated Fat Content: