Apple Pie by Grandma Ople
This was my grandmother's apple pie recipe. I have never seen another one quite like it. It will always be my favorite and has won me several first place prizes in local competitions. I hope it becomes one of your favorites as well!
- Prep Time 0 Hours 30 Minutes
- Cook Time 1 Hours 0 Minutes
- Total Time 1 Hours 30 Minutes
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
- Calories: 512.2 calories
- Carbohydrate Content: 67.8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30.5 mg
- Fat Content: 26.7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11.1 g
- Serving Size:
- Sodium Content: 240.8 mg
- Sugar Content: 40.3 g
- Trans Fat Content:
- Unsaturated Fat Content: