Quick and Almost-Professional Buttercream Icing
After failing to find the perfect recipe for buttercream icing, I found one that worked for me and then added my own two cents.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Total Time
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 drops food coloring, or as needed
- Cream room temperature butter with a hand mixer, the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add food coloring, if using, and beat for thirty seconds until smooth or until desired color is reached.
- Calories: 227.9 calories
- Carbohydrate Content: 31.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30.8 mg
- Fat Content: 11.6 g
- Fiber Content:
- Protein Content: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.3 g
- Serving Size:
- Sodium Content: 83.7 mg
- Sugar Content: 31 g
- Trans Fat Content:
- Unsaturated Fat Content: