Quick Chicken Piccata
These quick and easy pan-fried chicken breasts are topped with a simple pan sauce made with capers, butter, white wine, and lemon juice.
- Prep Time 0 Hours 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 0 Hours 15 Minutes
- Total Time 0 Hours 25 Minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- cayenne pepper, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- all-purpose flour for dredging
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Place chicken breasts between 2 layers of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with cayenne, salt, and black pepper; dredge lightly in flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side; remove to a plate.
- Cook capers in reserved oil, smashing them lightly to release brine, until warmed though, about 30 seconds.
- Pour white wine into skillet. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Stir lemon juice, water, and butter into the reduced wine mixture; cook and stir continuously to form a thick sauce, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir parsley through the sauce.
- Return chicken breasts to the pan cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with sauce spooned over the top.
- Calories: 320.6 calories
- Carbohydrate Content: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 87.5 mg
- Fat Content: 18.2 g
- Fiber Content: 0.4 g
- Protein Content: 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.2 g
- Serving Size:
- Sodium Content: 223.6 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.7 g
- Trans Fat Content:
- Unsaturated Fat Content: