Grandma's Ground Beef Casserole
As the title suggests, this was my Grandmother's recipe. I've tweaked the amount of cheese and sour cream depending on what I've got in the fridge and it always turns out great! My mother has suggested this was made up as a way to use up ingredients in the fridge.
- Prep Time 0 Hours 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 0 Hours 55 Minutes
- Total Time 0 Hours 75 Minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 large white onion, diced
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix sugar, salt, garlic salt and tomato sauce into ground beef; simmer until flavors blend, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cover skillet, and cool to room temperature.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and onion in a bowl.
- Scoop half the noodles into the prepared casserole dish; top with half the sour cream mixture. Spoon half the ground beef mixture atop sour cream layer. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients. Top casserole with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until Cheddar cheese has browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Calories: 519.2 calories
- Carbohydrate Content: 39.4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 120.1 mg
- Fat Content: 29.8 g
- Fiber Content: 3.6 g
- Protein Content: 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15.2 g
- Serving Size:
- Sodium Content: 1596.6 mg
- Sugar Content: 8.2 g
- Trans Fat Content:
- Unsaturated Fat Content: