Skillet Tuna Casserole
Tons of fresh herbs add flavor to this easy skillet tuna casserole made with peas, cremini mushrooms, and two types of cheese.
- Prep Time 0 Hours 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 0 Hours 35 Minutes
- Total Time 0 Hours 55 Minutes
- ½ (16 ounce) package yolk-free egg noodles (such as No Yolks®)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups peas
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups grated white Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rapid boil. Cook egg noodles at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- While the egg noodles are cooking, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, peas, and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add drained egg noodles to the vegetable mixture, along with Cheddar cheese, tuna, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, dill, chives, and lemon juice; stir until well combined.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan with panko and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbly, 17 to 19 minutes.
- Calories: 524.1 calories
- Carbohydrate Content: 44.4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 76.6 mg
- Fat Content: 22.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5.6 g
- Protein Content: 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13.7 g
- Serving Size:
- Sodium Content: 701.1 mg
- Sugar Content: 4.5 g
- Trans Fat Content:
- Unsaturated Fat Content: