Juicy Roasted Chicken
My grandmother's recipe for roasted chicken. We are German and she used to do it this way all the time. I never have had a chicken this juicy before; this little trick works and makes the people eating it go silent. It's funny. We nibble on the celery after.
- Prep Time 0 Hours 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Total Time 1 Hours 40 Minutes
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
- ½ cup margarine, divided
- 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken's exterior. Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 423.1 calories
- Carbohydrate Content: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 97 mg
- Fat Content: 32.1 g
- Fiber Content: 0.2 g
- Protein Content: 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.4 g
- Serving Size:
- Sodium Content: 661.9 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.7 g
- Trans Fat Content:
- Unsaturated Fat Content: